Pages

Thursday, October 11, 2012

Of emotions and brave faces......

Lately I've been going through some changes in my life both personally and professionally. While change is good, as I keep hearing, it most certainly is NOT an easy thing to go through. This is especially hard for me because I tend to be very private and am rarely comfortable enough to share my deepest problems with those close to me. Now this is not to do with them because I love and trust them dearly, but much rather to do with me. I don't do too well in exposing my vulnerability. So in all these changes I've managed to keep all my emotions and fears to myself. I know this is not the healthiest thing to do but we all have our own ways of dealing with problems and life's suprises and this is what I'm comfortable doing to deal with mine.

This post was NOT about how I deal with my problems, got a little side-tracked there... What I meant to say is that its proving a bit difficult to put on a brave face sometimes when you have all these burning questions and issues inside going over and over in your head, it certainly isn't easy for me. Especially since I spend most of the day at work where you can't exactly just sit around and think about personal issues.

What I'm trying to say here is that, while people put on brave faces, its not always as calm on the inside as it seems on the outside. But its comforting to know that no situation is permanent and everything falls into place after a certain time. I know soon enough I will adjust to all these changes going on in my life at the moment.

- Anne xo

5 comments:

  1. I don't want to say I know exactly how you are feeling, but I feel like I can relate. I too have been going through some changes, and they have been happening for far too long. The worst is when you think the hard times are over and then a few months go by and you find yourself right back where you were before. It's hard to overcome. And I am the opposite of you, I recently got a new job and it bores me to tears!! I literally have allllllll day to sit an think, which isn't great, at least for me. I wish I had something to distract me.

    I think it's awesome though that you have the courage to talk about this on your blog. What I have learned through these past few years is that everyone has something going on, which you don't think about when you're so consumed with your own issues. That's why, one of the many reasons, it's so good to talk about it, and you can learn from other people too. But I too forget that, I also keep a lot to myself.

    Anyways kind of side tracked there! haha but I hope things get better for you! And you too have a new follower!

    -Michelle
    http://lchapeaunoir.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww thanks Michelle, my first follower :)

      I can totally understand how frustrating it is when you're bored and/or aren't busy with your job because it gives you TOO much time to think. I hope you find something that will keep you busy and distract you.

      Thanks, it certainly made me feel better posting about it here...sorta felt like a little diary haha

      Delete
  2. i've always wanted to travel to africa! ah, so jealous of where you live. just always remember, what goes down must come up (and reverse!).

    lindsey louise

    hellomrrabbit.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, it certainly does come up.

      Its really a pretty amazing place to live I must say. You should come and visit here, you'll love it :)

      Delete
    2. Thanks for visiting my blog :D

      Delete